Tuesday 22 September 2009

Pneumatic Tyres Are Wonderful Things

So, after yesterday’s opening whine about potholes, something on the whole more positive. The Pneumatic Tyre. It was, actually, pneumatic tyres that were the problem yesterday. I’d pumped them up to a probably-too-inflated 5 bar, so I was flying along the road. But I didn’t have all that much suspension as a result.

Anyway, that said, isn’t it wonderful, something that can change efficiency and comfort on the road with just a puff of air. That makes the bike (or, I suppose, car) grip the road so well. That cushions and protects.

The pneumatic tyre is an astonishingly wonderful thing. One of the world’s greatest inventions. And too rarely credited.

This is a real non-post for my second entry, but I just wanted to comment on how much it improves my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment